St. Mary’s High School, Kalina, Mumbai – 29 has been established by the Catholic Church, aims primarily at the education of the Catholic Community and the preservation of the Catholic faith and religious practices.St. Mary’s High School stands for academic excellence, development of skill and character formation,based on the love of God and the service of man as modelled in the person of Jesus Christ.
- To develop the entire man. mind and heart, body and soul.
- To form as well as to inform.
- To train the mind to analyse rather than to memorize so that it may distinguish truth from error.
- To strengthen the will that it may have the guts to practice virtue and reject vice.
- To cultivate the heart that it may love the worthwhile things.
- To instill culture. .
- To stimulate ambition.
- To disdain mediocrity and develop leadership.
- To train citizens for time and eternity.
- To maintain, high academic standards,
- To present the current and complex problems of modern life yet assisting youth to solve their problems with principles as eternal as God who promulgated them the eternally vital principles of truth and justice;
- To instill into youth the neglected doctrine that morality must govern economics and politics, that modern ills cannot be cured merely by shifting economic systems: and changing political structures; selfishness, greed, dishonesty and lust for power are evils which cannot be eliminated by civil only, but also by moral restraint.
- To rivet the minds of youth the truth, that all hatred whether of class or creed or of nations of civilizations, that irrespective of one’s belief, the soul ultimate solution of economic, political and social ills was epitomized by Him who said,
‘‘Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with thy whole heart and with thy whole soul and with thy whole mind and thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself’’.
We the students of St. Mary’s High School, Kalina, Santacruz (E), do hereby solemnly resolve that :
- We shall protect and improve our school environment and our home surroundings;
- We shall strive to safe-guard our school property;
- We shall promote hygienically sound habits like not spitting or smoking in any public places or the use of abusive language;
- We shall try to inculcate the observance of courtesy and restraint by people to maintain peace and tranquility;
- We shall pick up every bit of paper and put it into the dustbin to create an awareness that cleanliness is next to godliness.
We hail you, St. Mary’s
Our School, our very own,
You have filled our minds with knowledge,
In our hearts you have courage sown
You have made us grow in wisdom,
Through life taught us to strive,
Now honour we, our dear school,
You are our joy,
You are our joy, and our pride.
Chorus :Bless O Mary, our staff and students too.
Make us loyal, disciplined and true
Keep far from us whatever will tarnish its fair name
Let us strive to bring it glory and
everlasting fame! (2)
Every student of St. Mary’s High School during, his/her school life should strive to be a person of depth and character by achieving the following qualities.
- Respect for self and others.
- Learn to give without counting the cost.
- Strive for academic excellence according to God given gifts and talents.
- Grow in wisdom and strength.
- Learn to accept love and forgiveness and offer the same to others.
- Take pride in being a student of St. Mary’s.
- Aim at becoming a fitting member of society, nation and world.
- Be simple, humble and loving. .
- Never despise and disown the poor, down trodden and marginalized.
- Practice self discipline and work whole heartedly.
- Develop critical thinking. .
- Persevere in times of trials and difficulties and never give up.
SPIRITUAL QUALITIES :
- Love and trust God with your whole being, welcome Him in your life and thereby enjoy heavenly bliss.
- Discover meaning in life, through’ prayer, reflection and Integrity. .
- Encounter God of all goodness and love.
- Know your own faith and live in the light of this faith.
- Seek God in every life situation and make him the goal of your life.
- Practice humility which is a virtue of the strong.
- Attribute to God all your achievements and constantly seek his help and guidance.
- Learn to respect life. Be aware of your own dignity and those of others irrespective of caste, creed and social status.
- Work for communal harmony and national integration.
- Respect your own rights as well as those of others.
- Be convinced of the meaning of collaboration and reconciliation to build a happy home and society.
- Say “NO” to anti social elements and activities.
- Reject violence, exploitation, selfishness and revenge.
- Work for the upliftment of the poor and marginalized.
- Know and appreciate your culture and those of others. Develop a sense of civic and social responsibilities.
- Possess political consciousness, leading you to make a free, valid and responsible political option.
- Be sensitive to the needs of others.
- Use wealth as a means, not an end.
- Live for values so as to promote just and true society.
FOR CATHOLIC STUDENTS
- Make GOD your priority and the other things will follow.
- Develop personal love for Christ and His Mother – Mary.
- Be committed to CHRIST and His Church.
- Live by truth, and honesty at all times.
- Imitate Mary, the model of humility, sensitivity, availability and selfless joyful service.
- Be a person of prayer. experience Christ, human and Divine.
- Attend the Eucharistic celebration daily.
TEN COMMANDMENTS OF THE MARIAN FAMILY
- To be always friendly with one another in and out of school.
- To avoid vulgarity in our talk and behaviour.
- To accept whatever work is assigned to us as our prime responsibility.
- To offer help to any unattended visitor, we happen to meet in the school premises.
- To rise when any Priest, Teacher or visitor enters and to remain quiet, if the teacher is discussing something important outside.
- To be courteous and sportsman like, with opposing teams and with officials.
- To respect the liberty and the rights of other pupils.
- To preserve and respect the beauty of the school premises/property and to report any damage which, we may observe.
- To avoid dropping paper in the school premises and to pick up any such paper dropped by others.
- To learn and observe good manners in school, at table and elsewhere.
St. Mary’s High School, Kalina, Mumbai – 29 has been established by the Catholic Church, aims primarily at the education of the Catholic Community and the preservation of the Catholic faith and religious practices. Preference in admission to St. Mary’s High School will be given to Catholic children. Admission will, however, be open to children of the other communities without distinction of caste or creed.
With a view to preserving our Catholic faith, classes in religion will be conducted and will be obligatory for Catholic children to attend these classes.
St. Mary’s High School stands for academic excellence, development of skill and character formation, based on the love of God and the service of man as modelled in the person of Jesus Christ.
Trustee / Manager
St. Mary’s High School
|2013||Date||Mrs. Jasmine Lobo|
|2003||2013||Fr. Adrian Ferreira|
|1997||2003||Fr. Frank Fernandes|
|1993||1997||Fr. Anthony Correa|
|1990||1993||Fr. John Rumao|
|1985||1990||Fr. Brian Fernandes|
|1978||1985||Fr. Henry Menezes|
|1974||1978||Fr. Gregory Lobo|
|1969||1974||Fr. George Lobo|
|1959||1969||Fr. Benjamin Sequeira|